Forward Regulatory Plan - Regulatory Modernization Initiative
Description of the objective
The Canadian Transportation Agency (Agency) is seeking to update the regulations it administers and various guidance material and tools to ensure that they keep pace with changes in business models, user expectations and best practices in the regulatory field. The Agency has been consulting on how to advance these key goals of the Regulatory Modernization Initiative (RMI):
- Ensuring that industry’s obligations are clear, predictable, and relevant to a range of existing and emerging business practices.
- Ensuring that the demands associated with compliance are only as high as necessary to achieve the regulations’ purposes.
- Facilitating the efficient and effective identification and correction of instances of non-compliance.
Indication of business impacts
There may be business impacts. The "One-for-One" Rule and/or the small business lens may apply.
Public consultation opportunities
The Agency plans to complete consultations and draft modernized regulations, with the goal of implementation of the regulations in 2019.
Interested parties are encouraged to visit the Agency's RMI webpage for up-to-date information regarding current and upcoming consultations.
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council